Monday 1 August 2011

22 Days on the Trail to a Cure...

I am starting this blog to let you all know what we are up to on our 22 day Ride for a cure.. It is a ride for Breast Cancer that was started by a lady, Jane Hurl that was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006.. This will be the 3 year for the ride and I decided to do it myself when I heard that another cousin was diagnosed in Feb. It seems that it may run in the family and I do not want my daughter, granddaughters, family members, friends and other acquaintances to be be told that they have this dreaded disease.

So Rio and I are leaving High Level on the 10th of Aug. We have to stop along the way as Rio needs to get some shoes :) so that he can make the whole trip without sore hooves. I will be spending that night in Stony Plain with family and Rio will be staying out at Alberta Beach.. Then on Thursday, we will make our trek down the QEll to The Crowsnest Pass where we will ride in the mountains for a couple of days.. First mountain ride and I am excited!! And other exciting news is that Amber Marshall (Amy Fleming) from Heartland (horsey people know this TV show) will be riding with us also for a couple of days.. Hope she will let me have a picture taken with her.!! :)

I am going to try and post on here each day to let you all know where we are and what we have been doing.. It seems that the plans are all very exciting and we will be having a real good time all along the way.. Will start posting on the 10th and if I figure out how to post pictures there will be a few of them also.. See you all later.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a great ride and good weather.I will try and follow your trek.
    Leo and Joyce from Kenora

    ReplyDelete